Spray Tan Tips
- • Shower, Shave and Exfoliate before your tanning session.
- • Skin must be clean and dry before being sprayed. Do not apply deodorant, moisturizers, perfumes, oils, or makeup before your tanning session.
- • Wear loose dark clothing and loose fitting sandals. DHA solution washes out of cotton garments, but will not wash out of synthetic, silk, leather or suede materials.
- • Remove all contact lens and jewelry before being sprayed.
- • Let your tan set for at least 8-12 hours before showering or taking a bath. This allows your tan to develop.
- • Avoid activities that may cause you to sweat excessively. Use the air conditioner in your car on a hot day.
- • You must avoid water entirely until you shower or you will stop the tanning action of the DHA solution or cause streaks.
- • Avoid applying moisturizers or deodorants until you shower.
- • Use a moisturizing body wash and apply by hand when showering. Do not use any bar soaps or any exfoliating scrubs.
- • Avoid extremely hot baths.
- • Always pat dry with a towel after you shower. Do not rub.
- • You may begin moisturizing twice a day after your first shower.
- • Avoid lotions containing Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA’s) & Mineral Oil as these may cause skin exfoliation.
Additional Tips for a Flawless Spray Tan:
- • Get manicures or pedicures before your spray tan. The exfoliant and water soak will take the color off legs & feet. Polish change after is OK.
- • Make sure your hair and spa appointments are before your spray tan session.
- • Make sure to shave or wax before tanning.
- • If it’s raining, wear something to cover your skin and bring an umbrella.
- • We recommend that your appointment is one or two days prior to an event or trip.
- • Make sure to keep your skin hydrated it will retain the tan longer.
- • If you notice premature fading of your spray tan, you can correct this by touching up your spray tan with a ‘Tan in a Can’ spray tanning product. Please ask our tanning technician for more information.
- • To maintain your tan have an Airbrush session every 7 to 10 days.
- • Remember that a spray tan does not provide any sun protection, remember to use a SPF sunscreen when in the sun!
Effective January 1, 2012, the minimum age for UV-light tanning in California will increase to 18. There is no age limit on UV-free spray tanning.
Copyright © 2015 No Sand Tan. All Rights Reserved - Website designed by Flyer Works